Project Registration Process
The following information will guide you through the steps necessary to register a Project in your Michigan Renewable Energy Certification System (MIRECS) account. The Registry Administrator is available to assist you throughout the registration process.
Please call 888-964-7327 or email MIRECS@apx.com.
STEP 1 – Review Registry Operating Documents
The Registry Operating Documents detail the requirements and definitions of different types of types of Projects. The documents are on the Documents page on the MIRECS website (www.mirecs.org).
STEP 2 – Register Project
- Log in to your account and select the “Register New Project” link. Select whether this Asset is based on ownership of the Renewable Generating Facility or on a Contract for the RECs from the Renewable facility.
- Fill out the information on the New Asset Registration page and select “Next”.
- Continue to fill out the information on the second and third page of the Project Registration screen and press “Submit”.
- The Registry Administrator will then be notified of the New Project Registration.
- At any time during this process you can save the form and return to complete it at a later time if you do not have all the required information.
STEP 3 – Project Review
The Registry Administrator will review the Project registration. If the Project application is complete and approved, an email notification describing account approval will be sent to the Account Holder. At this time an invoice will be issued for any applicable registration and subscription fees. If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the Administrator will notify the Account Manager.
STEP 4 – Credit Issuance
Credits can be issued as often as once a month if the metering data has been communicated to the Registry. Metering data must come from a Qualified Reporting Entity unless the Generating Unit is less than 1 MW in capacity in which case it can be Self-reporting. An invoice will be issued for each month where certificates are issued.